Last Updated: September 26th, 2022
Research Products Corporation (“Research Products Corporation” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
- on our Website;
- on or through our Applications, which you may download from mobile application stores, like Apple’s App Store® and Google’s Play® store. These Applications may provide a dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites or otherwise provide you with the ability to interact with our Devices or other products and services;
- from your use of a Device purchased from us;
- in email and other electronic messages between you and us;
- from third parties, such as our affiliated entities, service providers, and business partners (including our HVAC partners from whom you purchased a Device).
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline (except for when you use our Devices) or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Research Products Corporation or any third party;
- any third party, including, but not limited to through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites or Applications; or
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, Applications, and Devices, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal and/or shipping address, email address, telephone number, and account name (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, MAC ID and similar online identifiers, log file information, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites or use of our Applications, error information, clickstream data, geolocation data, information associated with your Apple iTunes or Google Play accounts or any other account used to download or access our Applications, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites or Applications;
- about your Internet connection, the equipment (e.g., computer, mobile device) and operating system you use to access our Websites or Applications, and usage details; and
- about your Device, such as its unique ID, serial number, name and type, location, operational data, schedules, and thermal/sensor data (e.g., indoor air quality metrics, such as humidity, PM, VOC, CO2, etc.) (“Device Data”).
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites or Applications (such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies), and/or use our Devices; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers we use to support our business.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we may collect from you includes:
- information that you provide on or through our Websites, in our Applications, or on forms or other applications you complete, whether in writing, in person, electronically, or by other means. This can include information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites or Applications (e.g., creating an account), posting content on or in our Websites or Applications, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites or Applications;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Device Data.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites or use our Applications, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect the details of your visits to our Websites and Applications, as described above.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and Applications and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites and Applications according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Websites or Applications.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps,” (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Google Ads. Google Ads is an online advertising solution that we use to promote our products and services on Google Search, YouTube, and other sites across the web. Google Ads also allows advertisers to choose specific goals for their ads, like driving phone calls or website visits. With a Google Ads account, advertisers can customize their budgets and targeting, and start or stop their ads at any time. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Mixpanel. We use Mixpanel to help analyze how our customers use the site. Mixpanel uses “cookies” to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Mixpanel. This information is then used to to compile statistical reports on website activity for us. We will use this information in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the website. Mixpanel will not share any personally identifiable information or associate your information with any other data held by Mixpanel through their other clients. For more information, please visit: https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Websites and Applications, and their contents to you;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Websites or Applications, or any services we offer or provide through them;
- to support, personalize, or develop our Websites and Applications and any products, such as Devices, or services offered through them;
- to maintain, customize, and secure your account with us (including notices about subscriptions, expiration, and renewals, if applicable);
- to process your requests, purchases, and transactions for our Devices, other products, and services offered by you and/or to prevent transactional fraud;
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries and requests (including to investigate and address concerns and monitor/improve our responses to the same);
- to provide you with information that you request from us or that may be of interest to you, including newsletters, event information, offers and promotions in connection with our products and services;
- to administer sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, and other contests;
- to send you newsletters and other similar communications;
- to verify your location and send location-based content to you (if you opted-in to sharing this information through any of our Applications);
- and to measure and report on the delivery of advertisements, including counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- to notify you of changes to our Websites or Applications or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- for internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites, Applications, and Devices;
- to help maintain the safety, security, quality, and integrity of our Websites, Applications, Devices, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- to perform services on behalf of a third party;
- to undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or Device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Research Products Corporation, our customers, or others;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations as well as any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to our business partners;
- to our affiliated entities (i.e., parent, subsidiary, and affiliate organizations of Research Products Corporation);
- internet cookie information recipients, such as analytics services; and/or
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Research Products Corporation about our users and customers are among the assets transferred.
- CHOICE ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATIONWe do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes. In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow our Applications to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. For example, the “location” permissions on your mobile device may allow you to elect to never share location information with us, share location information only while you are using our Applications, or always share location information even if you are not using our Applications. If you elect not to share your location information, you may be unable to access some features of our services that are designed for mobile devices. You can also disable location-based alerts in the Settings section of our Applications.
- Promotional Offers from Research Products Corporation. We will only use your contact information to promote our own products and services with your express consent. If you wish to consent to such use, you can check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Data or otherwise seek such consent. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by contacting us through the Contact Information below.
- YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA*
If you have created an account with us on our Websites or Applications, you can review and change the Personal Data that we maintain about you by logging into our Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below. If you have not created an account with us, you may notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- STATE-SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS
- DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. Because there is no standard for these signals at this time, we currently do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for an account registered on our Websites or Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites or Applications or in your equipment or operating system.
- THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Websites and Applications may contain links to third party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or services. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we suggest you review.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Websites and Applications are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or Applications, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us through the Contact Information below.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
1015 East Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
Tel.: (800) 334-6011